Selected Basque Interns for the 2019 program are:
- Summer internship period: Iratxe Arribillaga Trebolazabala and Lorea Bastida Tellería
- Fall internship period: Astrid Ajuria Claramunt and Ana Avanzini Alcibar
The objective of the Basque Internships is to provide an opportunity for up to four Basque Interns to participate in the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum Internship Program in New York. The Guggenheim Museum Internship Program offers practical training experience to individuals interested in pursuing careers in the arts and museum fields. Interns gain a broad understanding of how a particular department functions within the context of a major museum, as well as specific skills related to that department’s activities. Interns are assigned based on academic background, professional skills and experience, interests, and career goals. Under the supervision of designated staff members, interns participate in the ongoing work of Museum departments, complete individual projects, and contribute to larger Guggenheim initiatives. Please see Internship Departments for more information.
Applicants interested in pursuing careers in the global arts and museum fields should be:
- recent graduates (completion of University degree not before academic year 2016/2017)
- graduate students (completion of University degree not before academic year 2014/2015 and completion of graduate degree not after academic year 2017/2018)
- born in the Basque Country (Autonomous Community of the Basque Country)
- and/or a resident since January 1, 2017
- fluent in spoken and written English
Basque Internships are full-time, 4 days per week, and include participation in the Museum Culture Seminar Program.