The objective of the Basque Internships is to provide an opportunity for up to four Basque Interns to participate in the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum Internship Program in New York. The Guggenheim Museum Internship Program offers practical training experience to students and recent graduates interested in pursuing careers in the arts and museum fields. Interns gain a broad understanding of how a particular department functions within the context of a major museum, as well as specific skills related to that department’s activities. Interns are assigned based on academic background, professional skills, interests, and career goals. Under the supervision of designated staff members, interns participate in the ongoing work of Museum departments, complete individual projects, and contribute to larger Guggenheim initiatives. Please see Internship Departments for more information.
During the application process to the internship period (s), candidates must be:
- students currently undertaking their last University year
- current graduate students
- recent graduates (completion of University or graduate degree not before academic year 2017/2018)
Additionally, all candidates must be:
- born in the Basque Country (Autonomous Community of the Basque Country)
- and/or a resident since January 1, 2018
- fluent in spoken and written English
Basque Internships are full-time, four days per week, Monday through Thursday; and require participation in Museum Culture Seminars on Fridays.