Playing with ladders
Strips of wood, glue, tempera, and paintbrushes.
- Studentes create a public work of art for their town.
- After observing different images of public art, the students go outside to come up with their own interventions.
- They plan their projects, studying location, feasibility, and possibilities.
- This class decides to install in their playground a piece based on the shape of a ladder, a typical architectural feature seen in the facades of many houses in the area.
- They paint strips of wood and glue them together, creating different ladder designs.
- All the ladders made by the class are piled up or intertwined in an experiment with balance. Thus they construct a shelter, an enclosed space in the middle of an open park.