VIRTUAL BASQUE INTERNSHIPS 2022
VIRTUAL BASQUE INTERNSHIPS 2022
Irati Cledu Axpe (Communications)
Mikel Martinez Ciriero (Curatorial)
Irene Landa (Curatorial)
Ane Escribano Gallastegi (Exhibition Design)
Internship Type: Part-time, up to 20 hours a week, 10 weeks
Internship Period: Monday October 3 to Friday December 9
Application Deadline: Monday June 13, 2022 at 17:00
The Fall 2022 Virtual Basque Internship places up to four Basque interns in departments across the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum. The program provides practical training experience to undergraduate and graduate students interested in pursuing careers in the arts and museum fields. Interns are assigned to one department for the duration of the program based on their academic background and interest and gain a broad understanding of how a particular department functions within the context of a major museum, as well as specific knowledge and skills related to departmental responsibilities. Under the supervision of designated staff members, interns work independently on projects, attend group meetings, and participate in ongoing conversations and processes within their department.
The Fall 2022 Basque Internship will be entirely virtual. No travel to New York is expected or required. The program will begin Monday October 3, 2022, and end on Friday December 9, 2022. Internships require a commitment of 20 hours per week for the full 10 weeks, and participants are expected to be available on Fridays for Museum Culture Seminars. Museum Culture Seminars are weekly professional development meetings that bring together interns from different departments to connect and learn from one another. Museum Culture Seminars will be held remotely on Zoom, and include presentations by Guggenheim staff and other arts professionals, as well as discussions of current issues and trends within the field.
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum is dedicated to creating paths that lead to a more inclusive and diverse institution. You do not need an art history background or previous internship experience to apply for a position.
During the application process, candidates must be:
- Students enrolled in their last year of university
- Current graduate students
- Recent graduates (completion of university or graduate degree not before academic year 2019/2020)
Additionally, all candidates must be:
- Born in the Basque Country (Autonomous Community of the Basque Country)
- And/or a resident since January 1, 2020
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Each Basque Intern will receive $1,750 USD at the beginning of the program. If the program is not completed, the abovementioned amount shall be proportionally refunded.
How to apply
- Please use the application form (all fields are required) and select three departments of interest and submit additional materials requested
- All materials must be submitted in English (except for official documents)
- Following an initial review of applications, a small group of candidates will be contacted to participate on interviews over Zoom
- The selected interns will be notified no later than July 29, 2022. Their names will be announced on the website.
For any questions, please contact email@example.com